Monday, January 30, 2012

Walking Through The Lane !!

I was thinking very hard as to what I should do now. Yes, The clock showed just 5 a.m. Another short sleep was the only answer I could think of but when I closed my eyes. I couldn't sleep. Getting up from bed and trying to have a nice view of the dark roads filled with fog and the dewdrops in all the leaves of the tree was something totally awesome. Suddenly I don't know why but something inside me told to have a short walk this morning. I was completely surprised to observe that only myself, milk women and all the street dogs were present at 5.45 a.m . Although I am not that brave, I started walking through the dark roads without actually deciding upon my destination. Wondering why people who I met in the main road were all in groups yelling upon some gossip or other, I distanced away from them. I saw many people even grandmas and grandpas in their perfect walking costume with all the loose fitting clothes and even shoes, Seeing them I looked back to me , I could never walk with all those in me. I was walking in the Road less traveled now and yeah suddenly the electricity department  proved that they were all working perfectly. I could see no light at all, complete darkness . Now here was I in this road in complete darkness without knowing where exactly I was . I could feel someone else very very close to me. I tried to stop breathing and I could hear some footsteps. Now I became very afraid not because of what is to happen but I had not obliged to my mother, she had asked me to walk only after some sort of light comes. Now I could feel someone very close to me, With all the courage I had ,started walking. More faster footsteps could be heard. The footsteps went past me , I could clearly see the dog wagging its tail. I felt very ashamed of the way I had feared for just a dog.  I observed  many things around me happening all in just a very few seconds. Tender coconut  and arugampul soup selling people made quite a business from those morning walkers. I could clearly see how much people cared for their health. I was taken aback to see a size zero pretty gal trying hard to burn her calories in the maximum ways possible. I stopped and questioned her, her reply made me feel very guilty. She told me that she was not here to walk but to enjoy the beautiful nature around her as well as she told that she was working hard just to see how much energetic she was .She told me that this small brisk walk makes her very active throughout the day. Now I started walking at a faster speed checking whether I too was energetic All I could think was whether I would get up early tomorrow morning and enjoy the walk ahead. Although my mind told me tomorrow I should continue this habit of walking, Thinking about me waking up at 5 a.m that too on a holiday was something IMPOSSIBLE.

1 comment:

  1. good one but too much build for the dog and that you were afraid.

    ReplyDelete