Thursday, December 27, 2012

Life After College Days!!!

When I completed my 12th board exams and had a more than 6 months long vacation, many of my friends who were at college then told me that this is a rare opportunity and told me that I will never get such a long vacation. Now here am I, sitting idle at home whiling away the time waiting for yet another long vacation to end soon and those same friends tell me that this time will never come once I become a corporate. Looking back I cherish each day of my college life not because I liked my college or affinity towards it but because of the wonderful set of FRIENDS who made each day memorable.
One of the biggest problem I face now is waking up early in the morning and now I wonder how I used to get ready and be on time to catch the bus all the 4 yrs. I feel  I was more updated with all the news around the world during college days ,thanks to the 2 hr journey to and from college which allowed me to gossip about anything and everything. There was something called Rules and how much fun was it to break those .
The excitement about getting placed in a company even before your final exams are over is completely lost when the joining is being postponed month after month and when you find your other friends working in some other company.
The worst or rather say embarrassed situation is when you attend some family functions and when people around you ask about what are you up-to these days. However hard you try finding a best suitable answer to the question , the answer seems to end up as sitting idle at home.
Now I can remember the HR panel who interviewed me asking as to what I would be in 2 yrs or so. If only I knew I would have answered sitting at home and waiting for the joining letter.
When many told me that I could have utilized all these days and learnt something useful, I replied back that these holidays have made me learn the art of patience and I am very sure I can even give a lecture to all the campus placed candidates about learning to be patient.
Life is very much uncertain and I just wish I never expect anything from it.I never want to look back at my life after college days because now with my joining in hand and dreams of corporate life , I just hope I enjoy the days ahead.!!!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment