Friday, November 15, 2013

Challenging Days!!

 I always wanted to experience hostel life and I did get one such opportunity. I was in a confused state when I chose to work on Ruby on Rails(ror) technology when I was trained in another stream.Just before joining my new project, I got few unofficial holidays and I utilized it to visit the Chilkur temple.

My one and only wish was to get into a java project even when I knew that it was impossible. Sometimes wishes too get fulfilled.I was asked to travel to bangalore on a short duration project which was on C++ technology. After we reached bangalore, the technology was changed to java.I was on cloud nine that time.

I will never forget my first day at bangalore.  I took a bus from office  at 5 p.m to my cousin's place which is located at the heart of the city and I reached at 10 p.m. With no charge in my mobile phone and no PCO's near the bus terminus at that hour, I really dint know what to do. Thankfully my cousin was waiting for me for the past 2 hours in the terminus. I never curse Chennai for its traffic anymore.

Little did I know that sometimes what we learn during engineering course also helps us in projects. I still remember my staff telling that these concepts cannot be implemented practically and my project manager was telling me to implement the very same concepts.

The topic was very dry and I hated it from my college days. Each day passed and still we could not find a solution. I was thinking if I was really qualified for this IT job. It is hard to believe but I had a draft which requested release from this project which I deleted next week.

I was accompanied by 2 guys who were more caring than my own brother and may be that is why I dint miss my family much.Thanks to my colleagues who traveled all the way to Bangalore . I knew them only by their names and I had'nt spoken with any of them for more than 5minutes also.When we told about our project , they told we can do it and instilled a lot of confidence.We had a team outing to Wonderla and it was like getting back to my college days.


Someone knocking at the door on the stroke of midnight, traveling at midnight because of late running of buses, stranded on the national highways and waiting for a alternate bus at 2.a.m, living in a 3 BHK flat all alone for a few days, walking all alone to reach quarters and realizing that the clouds have turned black sooner, sleeping at 2 in the morning and waking up two hours later to start the next day etc etc
I would rather say those days as adventurous rather than challenging.

Life is full of challenges.If we think we can do it, there is always a solution to any challenge which we might come across .

No comments:

Post a Comment